Friday, November 17, 2006

Another Introduction

William was kind enough to ask me to contribute to this blog, but with that carrot came the stick of a required introductory post. I'm no good at these, so I'll keep it brief. I am currently doing doctoral research in economics at the University of Trento. Included in my interests are the economic issues of MMOs and persitent virtual worlds, and a particular curiosity about financial and macro behaviours evidenced therein. Though I share with others interests in general concepts of ludology and new social spaces, I'm not nearly as fluent as some of the more erudite of the community. I've contributed to this line of work before, having written occasionally for the Ludonauts blog. I hope to have some interesting thoughts every now and again, and with any luck, others will find them interesting as well -- even if they are not entirely rigorous arguments. Once in a while I may have the chance to abstract proper research works here.

No comments: